Environmentally Friendly Packaging Technology
Next to packaging cost savings for our customers, the environmentally friendly nature of SimPads is one of the most exciting aspects.
The Simpads are offered in the EPS foam content that is 70%-100% recycled or the Biodegradable foam content.
*Between the recycled EPS Simpads and the Biodegradable Simpads we keep 588,000 cubic foot of scrap foam from going into the landfills.
- are fully recyclable
- are reusable for the same or
- save corrugated costs by
reducing box size
- contain no hazardous chemicals
- create no emissions
Choose Simpak and help.
By reusing foam that would otherwise end up in landfills, we are doing our part to keep these substances out of our environment. Please help us keep scrap foam out of landfills by choosing Simpak as your environmentally friendly packaging solution.
How to Recycle and Reuse SimPads
The end user may ship the SimPad back to Simpak (at the shipper’s cost). Simpak can reuse the EPS foam beads back through their manufacturing process and properly recycle the film. For other reuses, please see below:
- Drop off the Simpads at your local UPS store or FedEx Kinkos location. They always seem to welcome free packaging
- The EPS foam beads inside the Simpad can be used to aerate the soil in the garden (same type of EPS foam that you find in potting soil).
- The Simpad can be reused for a kneeling pad to work in the garden or around the house.
- Reuse the Simpad to pack and ship items for family or friends (Ex. shipping a birthday present).
- Reuse the Simpads for a move or to transport something fragile.
- The Simpads have thermal properties to them. They’re great for keeping things warm or cold.
- Reuse the Simpads for a stadium seat at your favorite sporting event.
- Reuse the Simpads as a back rest or leg prop.
- If you have any old bean bag chairs that need some reviving, you can use the EPS foam beads to refill the chair.